CCPI Europe Achieves Breakthrough in CMC Improvements
11 January 2016 By CCPI Europe
In September 2015 we reported that the CCPI Europe UKAS laboratory had successfully completed the annual UKAS 17025 accreditation audit.
This was a particularly important assessment due to a proposal, made during the audit itself by the CCPI Europe laboratory team, to make significant reductions in Calibration Measurement Capabilities (Uncertainties of Measurement) for certain operational capabilities.
Here is a summary of the changes:
- Increase in Volts DC range from 0 to 30 Volts to 0 to 200 Volts
- Increase in milliamps DC range from 0 to 100mA to 0 to 200mA
- Reduction of Best Measurement Capabilities for the Volts DC range up to 20 Volts by 50%
- Reduction of Best Measurement Capabilities for mA DC range up to 20 mA by over 70%
- Reduction of the On Site Temperature Uniformity Survey Best Measurement Capabilities in the range -30 to 200 °C by over 60%, in the range 1000 to 1300 °C by 15%.
Bearing in mind that the CCPI Europe laboratory already held some of the tightest CMC 's in these areas for a thermal laboratory, these increases in both range and accuracy help to confirm and extend the laboratory’s already impressive capabilities.
The changes extend the range of instruments the laboratory now has at its disposal for its calibration service, while highlighting the level of quality and technical excellence of the laboratory that we provide to our customer base.
About CCPI Europe
Founded in 1984, CCPI Europe are experts in the field of manufacturing and calibration of temperature sensors, working in partnership with our customers to ensure that we exceed their expectations. The state of the art CCPI Europe Calibration Laboratory is both UKAS Accredited (No. 0600) and ISO Certified (ISO17025).
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is the sole national accreditation body for the United Kingdom. UKAS is recognised by government, to assess against internationally agreed standards, organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services.
Accreditation by UKAS demonstrates the competence, impartiality and performance capability of these evaluators. In short, UKAS ‘checks the checkers’.